Laser Systems Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Health and Sciences
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Laser Systems Diploma program prepares individuals to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of engineers and other professionals engaged in developing and using lasers and other optical for commercial or research purposes. Includes instruction in laser and optical principles, testing and maintenance procedures, safety precautions, specific applications to various tasks, and report preparation.
The Laser Systems Diploma program is the study of lasers and optics in the manufacturing industry. Students gain working knowledge and skills of electronics, with basic knowledge and skills in lasers and optics. This program prepares students to enter a technical level career in electronics with a basic understanding of photonics. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate and use fundamental aspects of photonics technologies.
- Demonstrate procedures and skills in laboratory processes and maintenance.
- Maintain and integrate photonics systems into manufacturing, biomedical, and research laboratory processes.
- Demonstrate and use the fundamental aspects of electronic technologies.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).