Nursing: Advanced Nursing Assistant Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 1 Semester
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Day & Online
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Health and Sciences
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
Get into a healthcare career at the ground level with the Advanced Nursing Assistant Certificate program. If you are interested in healthcare, want to work closely with patients, and want to get working right away, this might be a great fit for you.
Students in the Advanced Nursing Assistant Certificate program acquire the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to provide basic patient care in nursing homes, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. After completing the Certified Nurse Aid course, students are eligible to become a Certified Nurse Aid.
The Advanced Nursing Assistant Certificate program of study is designed to place students into the workforce upon completion of this four-month certificate. The certificate program prepares students for entry-level jobs in healthcare as nurse aids in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. The national job market for nurse aids is large and growing steadily, with more opportunities for nurse aids in nursing care facilities than in hospitals.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Explain the role and responsibilities required of the Nursing Assistant to work in various nursing facilities.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to maintain and provide safe and effective care of the resident.
- Identify proper communication methods used in providing care of the resident.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).