HVAC/R Maintenance Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 1 Semester
Completed Online: Both
Completed in the Evenings: Evening Only
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The HVAC/R Maintenance Certificate program of study provides the basic skills necessary to gain meaningful employment as an entry-level Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) apprentice or assistant. The certificate program is designed to train students to assist in becoming HVAC technicians. Students will learn to troubleshoot and service HVAC/R systems. The certificate does not qualify graduates for the State of Iowa's specialty license. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Execute mathematical processes and use of formulas necessary for design, evaluation, and installation of HVACR systems.
- Explain composition and usage of HVACR materials, equiptment, and tools required for installation and diagnostic tasks.
- Apply safety procedures and regulations related to workplace and job requirements.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).