Electronic Technology Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: Day
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
If you have an interest in electronics and enjoy problem solving, you will find a career in electronic technology rewarding. Students in the Electronic Technology Diploma program develop the skills needed to install and maintain electronic equipment and systems in fields such as communications, health care, manufacturing, security, finance, and others. Theory is supported by hands-on activities whenever possible.
This program is designed for students intending to enter the workforce upon completion of this one-year diploma. This program prepares students with the skills needed to install and maintain electronic equipment and systems in fields such as communications, health care, manufacturing, security, and finance, to name a few. If obtaining an advanced degree is your goal, it is recommended that you major in our Electrical Engineering Technology program where you earn an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate and use fundamental aspects of electronics engineering technology.
- Develop a self-directed learning style that is able to adapt to changing technology.
- Operate as part of an engineering team.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).