Construction Technology: Carpentry Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 1 Semester
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: Day
Pathway: Career Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Construction Technology: Carpentry Certificate program of study prepares students for entry level jobs in the residential construction industry. This certificate program will expose students to carpentry theory, techniques, and building materials. Students receive safety training and complete the 10-hour OSHA and EPA training. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate..
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Identify and demonstrate the use of appropriate tools safely for residential construction.
- Interpret residential blueprints and plans.
- Identify various types of interior and exterior finishes in residential construction.
- Demonstrate how to construct floor, wall, ceiling and stair systems in residential construction.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa
* A.A. and A.S. Degree Programs provide students a general education core in Communications, Social Sciences, Science & Mathematics, Humanities, and Diversity. The foundation of required and elective courses prepares students for transfer into a four-year college or university bachelor's degree Program.