Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Semesters, 1 Summer
Completed Online: No
Completed in the Evenings: No
Pathway: Transfer Path
Career Cluster: Industrial Technology and Transportation
Program Locations: Cass County Center
About the Program
Students in this program learn to build 3D virtual products primarily using Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, the world’s leading product lifecycle management program. The software will introduce students to product design and development technology used by many of the world’s leading manufacturing, architectural, and construction companies. The coursework will help prepare students to develop technical drawings and plans to build everything from microchips to skyscrapers. This Certificate is offered in Atlantic and the certificate classes would be held two days a week. There is a free shuttle from Council Bluffs main campus.
Computer Aided Designers, or CAD Designers, use software to create plans for everything from cars to skyscrapers. Students with CAD Certificates may find work in many exciting fields including manufacturing, construction and engineering. The CAD diploma provides a great opportunity for workers to increase their skills and for current students to enter the workforce!
Graduates of this program will be sought by companies in nearly every industry including aerospace, construction, consumer products, transportation, heavy machinery, robotics, manufacturing, and many more.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Students should be able to create fully detailed 3D models of parts, assemblies and drawings using multiple software packages.
- Demonstrate and apply concepts and standard practices of the electrical design process.
- Demonstrate and apply the basic terminology associated with these (manufacturing) fields.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, communication, teamwork, and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the use of design problem solving, creative thinking, project planning and teamwork through a challenging design and build project.
- Communicate fundamental engineering reporting and communication by using project plans, design reviews, and project reports.
- Model appropriate skills which enhance and promote on–the-job success and demonstrate knowledge of appropriate strategies for securing and changing jobs.
- Explain and demonstrate the basic use and operation of Siemen’s® PLM software system in a team design and development environment.